Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Next 10 Years

Our Campus Pastor challenged us today to think about all that has happened in our lives in the last ten years since 9/11 and to think about what our lives might be like in the next ten years. That has really got me thinking...
10 years ago I was a 1st grade teacher at a wonderful private school in Fayetteville, the mother of a 23 month old girl,a wife of 5 years to the love of my life, and a very lukewarm Christian.

Many things have shaped me in the last 10 years: having a baby boy the day my husband, Chris, left for 14 months to go to Iraq, breaking my foot and almost dying from a pulmonary embolism, joining Brand New Church, a church in which I have learned and grown so much over the last 4 years but none of these are more important than beginning to have a true relationship with Christ.
As of right now, I am an instructional facilitator in Fayetteville, the mother of 2 great and challenging kids, the wife to the man of my dreams but I am learning so much about myself right now too. I'm learning so so many areas in which I need to grow.
Through Chris's leadership and the help of good old Dave Ramsey, I have learned much about
finances, I am learning how to say" no"and set my priorities on what is important not just
lots of "good things",I am learning how to be led and that I don't have to be in control ( not easy for me), and I am learning that in these next 10 years God has some big things in store!
Who knows the path He has set before me? I just know I am glad He is in charge. Maybe he has planned for us to move to Nashville for Chris to work for Dave, maybe He wants me to work part time to spend more time with my family, maybe He wants us to adopt, I really don't know what the next 10 years will bring, we are not even promised our next breath, but I do know I am excited to see what God is about to do in my life, in our family's life.. I am excited to see how God is going to grow me to rely on Him more and more!!


Where have you grown in the last ten years and what are you believing God to do in the next 10?

No comments:

Post a Comment