Sunday, September 18, 2011

Time Again...

What an amazing weekend! Chris and I had such a remarkable time at our church's marriage conference, Romance Uncensored, at the Branson Landing! This year's theme was Touch, Tone, Timing! I love how I can see God working in my life on the same issues through many different venues! He really does know that I need to hear things over and over again to get it! I am so very thankful for His patience!!
This weekend Pastor Shannon had ,as usual, incredible, biblical advice on marriage and the importance of touch and how important tone is during conflict , because yes there will be conflict, but the one area that really struck me was the area of timing. God is really hitting this area hard with me! In all honesty, if my time is right then my tone is much easier to have in check! I just know that when my time is out of whack and I am rushed, over scheduled,and overwhelmed that is a recipe for my tone to be not so pleasant and touch well that's another story!:)
There were several things that I took away about time/timing. One of the most important was a verse I have listened to but I don't know how completely and totally intentional I have been with applying this to every area of my life. It is James 1:19 " Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to be anger." At times when I let my schedule be over taken with doing too many good things I sometimes let the best things ( my family) get the quick
reactions from an overworking mom and even others around me.
Which leads me to what Shannon had to say to us overworking spouses... He asked these 3
questions and honestly I am still trying to think through them and find the truth that is
going to set me free from being a workaholic.
1. What does work mean to you? 2. What satisfaction does it bring you? 3. What need is work
fulfilling?
I do see God changing my heart about work. I truly love what I do as an instructional facilitator and I do believe it makes a difference but he is also showing me balance and the importance of my family. I want to be that Proverbs 31 woman for them. I want to be full of faith, trustworthy, have my priorities inline, my time be well spent, manage my finances under Chris's leadership, be the mother I am meant to be, serve from my heart, and be a woman of industry. I know that only with God's help will I get there. I am leaning on Him to continue to mold me and get me where He wants me to be. All in His timing...

No comments:

Post a Comment